With a rich legacy and quality heritage, Hope Grange has served the Pitson family for almost 150 years. William Pitson and his wife, Sarah, came to Bagshot and started farming in 1872. In 1902, the character-filled homestead was built, with many of the original features being retained over the years. The current owner bought the property from his father in 1966, making him, and his son, the fourth and fifth generation of the family to farm the prosperous Bagshot land.
With approx. 358 acres spread over 15 allotments (approx., plus unmade roads), the property offers all the infrastructure required to farm this predominantly level land sitting on the Bendigo Creek.
The main house is a Victorian-era build offering many details of the period including generously proportioned rooms; 12-foot high ceilings; decorative cornice, ceiling roses and corbels; floorboards; and original windows. Details such as fireplaces and the wine cellar under the kitchen are no longer in use, but could be reinstated should the new owners wish to do so.
At the front of the home, four large bedrooms all lead off the main hallway. An additional sleep out, with a door at the front and the side of the large verandah, provides additional living or sleeping space. A large and modern recently refurbished bathroom can be found at the rear of the house, and a second toilet is located off the back porch, along with a large laundry.
A spacious dining and living room is at the heart of the home, with a wood fire heater, reverse cycle refrigerative heating and cooling and a ceiling fan providing year round comfort. The large kitchen also offers room for dining and this space enjoys a wood fire heater, ample storage and modern appliances.
Outside, a carport attached to the back of the house doubles as an undercover outdoor space and the established garden is lush with trees and flowers. A number of outbuildings, including storage sheds, caravan carport, chook shed and three car garage are all within easy reach of the main house, with further outbuildings fulfilling a variety of needs for the farm.
Additional features include:
•Machinery shed approx. 52m x 9m total
•Cattle yards including truck and trailer ramp and crush
•Barn, ute shed, workshop and old dairy
•Two stand Shearing shed and sheep yards
•13 meg Coliban Water Right and 150 meg Goulburn Murray Water Right (subject to water restrictions)
•Water tanks including 3 x 5,000 gallons and 2 x 2,000 gallons plus a number of small tanks
•Electric fence around 10 acre bull paddock
•Land has served as a farm for sheep, cattle and crops for almost 150 years
•70 acres of irrigated lasered land
•Opportunity to combine neighbouring property which is also available for sale
Located in a great position, not far from the Midland Highway and halfway between Elmore and Bendigo, the property is an easy drive to schools, supermarkets, bus stops and other amenities. With the current owners having split a family farm in to two manageable parts, there is also the opportunity for the prospective buyer to take on both properties should they wish to farm at a greater level and make use of the land and various services on offer across the additional acreage.