Leisurely walks on the beach, strolls or bike rides along the Esplanade, chilled wine on the deck while enjoying the salty sea breezes and sounds of nature, laps in the pool and long lunches with family and friends – all this could be enjoyed daily as the lucky new owner of this incredible lifestyle property.
Occupying a 2,023sqm level parcel of land on the Bucasia foreshore with nothing but nature and a buffer of trees between you and the sand, this 2-storey home spanning approximately 377sqm under roof was built by quality boutique builder, Alan Zamek, in 2007.
Boasting a split level design, wraparound verandas and louvred windows to capture those wonderfully cooling sea breezes, stunning Tasmanian oak floors, timber hardwood staircase and a versatile floor plan to accommodate large families or sea changers seeking guest accommodation, this home and its location are truly unique and represent a rare opportunity to own your own slice of paradise here in the Mackay-Whitsunday region.
Why we LOVE 140 Waverley Street, Bucasia
- LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION – Backing one of Mackay’s most beautiful and protected sandy beaches, buying this property represents the ideal coastal lifestyle decision. This is as good as it gets. The buffer of trees provides privacy from locals and tourists visiting the popular beach while still allowing those gentle sea breezes through year-round. So you can enjoy the beach as often as you like knowing you can wander home to your own private oasis.
- The impressive level 1 – The internal timber hardwood staircase takes you to the upper level, which features open plan lounge, dining and kitchen all styled in a contemporary coastal colour palette to complement any decor, as well as the master bedroom with ensuite and bedroom 2. Stunning Tasmanian timber floors flow throughout this level, which also features tinted glass louvre windows and a seamless transition to the large timber wraparound veranda, the perfect spot to enjoy ocean glimpses through the trees, the salt air and the peaceful sights and sounds of nature.
-The bedroom configuration – With 2 bedrooms upstairs (including the master) and 2 downstairs, the home provides great scope to adapt to your lifestyle and stage in life. The current owners use one bedroom on the ground floor as a home office with b/in desk and another spacious downstairs bedroom with tranquil garden outlook as a guest room. All bedrooms are generously sized, 2 have b/in robes and the master features a spacious walk-in-robe
- The quality kitchen, bathrooms and laundry – The modern kitchen oozes coastal charm with granite benchtops, ocean inspired glass splashback, electric appliances (including dishwasher), double fridge/freezer recess, and modern white 2-pac joinery with soft close drawers and loads of storage space. The main bathroom, ensuite and laundry are all oversized and well appointed.
- The family room & massive outdoor patio - An oversized timber feature door welcomes you to the ground floor living area featuring a spacious open plan tiled living/family room that draws you outside to the oversized entertainment area and pool area overlooking Bucasia Esplanade, which offers direct beach access.
- The pebblecrete saltwater lap pool with slate tiling and the way it blends into the tropical surrounds. Come home from the beach, wash off the sand and jump into your own pool – now that’s what we call living!
- The 2 bay powered shed & extra wide double lock up garage with remote access – bring your boat, caravan, surf craft, fishing and camping gear, you name it, you can store it securely here.
- 3.5kw solar panels & 5000-gallon water tank – for lower energy bills and low maintenance care of the gardens and lawn.
- Cool & comfortable all year – With its insulated walls, split system a/c and ceiling fans to all bedrooms and large cassette a/c to the main living area (not to mention those lovely sea breezes) your year-round thermal comfort is assured.
Why we LOVE Bucasia…
- The laid back, friendly coastal vibe – Bucasia is renowned for its relaxed coastal charm and friendly, welcoming neighbourhood.
- Bucasia Beach – this beautiful long, sandy beach is protected from the wind, pet-friendly and popular for fishing. Best of all, living here, you will back onto this stunning beach and enjoy direct access via a walking track through the trees!
- Close to Bucasia Boat Ramp, an easy place to launch your boat into Eimeo Creek.
- Great walkability & connectivity with concrete walking/cycle ways along the beachfront. Jump on your bike & meet up with friends for a coffee & a bite to eat at the popular Little Antonio's Italian café/restaurant or head over to the Esplanade Park, a great spot for a BBQ with views over Bucasia Beach while the kids enjoy the playground set amongst the shady trees.
- Convenience – Walk to Hibiscus Shopping Centre (including IGA, GP and pharmacy, newsagent, bottle shop, T/Away options), minutes to Bucasia Primary, Eimeo Primary, Northern Beaches High and St Brendan’s Catholic Primary School. Also convenient to childcare and handy to the local bus stop with regular school runs to other schools in the area. 5-min drive to Northern Beaches Central and just a 20-min drive to Mackay CBD.
Disclaimer: All information has been obtained from the vendor. The agent/s cannot verify its accuracy and do not give any warranty as to errors or omissions, if any, in these particulars. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection and making their own inquiries or otherwise as to the accuracy of the particulars.
Disclaimer: This property is being sold by auction or without a price and therefore a price guide cannot/ or may not be provided. The website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes. All information has been obtained from the vendor. The agent/s cannot verify its accuracy and do not give any warranty as to errors or omissions, if any, in these particulars. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection and making their own inquiries or otherwise as to the accuracy of the particulars.