With an outstanding blend of classical elegance and period charm, this highly desirable Pre-Federation Queenslander, is truly an inner-city showpiece that boasts glorious views of the Brisbane CBD and the leafy surrounds.
Nestled in a tranquil street in the sought-after suburb of Auchenflower, this home exudes the perfect combination of traditional character and generous living. From the moment you step through the ornate wrought iron double gates onto the wide front veranda you will feel a true sense of arrival at your beautiful home.
This quintessential family home provides enough space " inside and out " for all the family to enjoy, with a wonderful combination of both formal and informal living, generous proportions and natural flow.
The magnificent adjoining formal living and dining rooms are bathed in natural light and complete with shutters, a fireplace and French doors that when open showcase the City skyline.
Moving through the home, and into the informal living area you truly appreciate the thought that has gone into ensuring you have endless lifestyle options by appealing to all stages of family living. Integrated seamlessly is the fully renovated kitchen come family area with double bi-fold doors that open up to an undercover outdoor entertaining space. While you might get the city views from the front of this gem, the rear area opens onto a tranquil and secluded garden perfect to keep an eye on the kids while cooking or for indoor/outdoor entertaining. Ideal for that large family catch up as well!
There are three generously proportioned bedrooms, a fabulous oversized family bathroom with freestanding bath and shower, as well as a spacious master with its own en-suite and a walk-in robe that the ladies of the house would love.
- 3 Generous size bedrooms
- Master bedroom with en-suite bath and walk-in
- Large family bathroom with shower and freestanding bath
- Beautifully renovated open plan kitchen/informal living area
- Stainless steel appliances and Corian benchtops
- Butler's pantry with fabulous storage, double sink, DW, A/C & beautiful bespoke lead light window
- Stunning hoop pine floors & Imported Italian tiles to wet areas
- Lighting from Blake and Taylor
- Gorgeous period features, ornate fireplace
- Plantation shutters & stunning ironwork - Reverse cycle air con throughout
- Double garage, with high ceilings, extensive dry storage spaces and huge potential to expand in the future (STCA)
- Exquisite Leaded glass to windows, breezeway casements and doors
- Generous dimensions featuring high ceilings(3.3m), VJ walls
- Secure, established garden ideal for pets
- Rainwater tanks - 4 x 5000 litres/ Solar Panels
- Generous spaces for all the family, the Perfect Entertainer
- Originally raised and extended in 1976, retaining its original character
- 3.8 km to CBD
- Auchenflower Station nearby (only 3 stops to Bne. Central Stn.)
- Rainworth State School catchment area (Ranked 3rd in Brisbane-Source: https://bit.ly/2KvyGWI)
Specific Location Details:-
- 140m to City bound buses
- 1.2km from Frew Park Tennis Centre
- 750m from Auchenflower Train Station;
- 1.6km from Milton State School
- 1.13 km from Rainworth State School
- 1.9km from Rosalie
- 950m from The Wesley Private Hospital
- 1.3km from Regatta Ferry Terminal
- 1.3km from Bicentennial Bikeway
- 2.4km from Suncorp Stadium
- 1.6km from Toowong Village Shopping Centre
- 3.9km from Brisbane CBD
- 4.2km from University of Queensland
- 2km Mt Coo-tha Botanical Gardens
- 1.1km Western Freeway
Auchenflower is a very sought after inner suburb of Brisbane that has been experiencing good capital growth. It enjoys easy access to all points North and South and has excellent public transport into the City with buses just meters away and the train station also close by (only 3 stops to Central!).
Also the area has recently been expanding its foodie scene. Not sold on the restaurants around Auchenflower? You are a stone's throw away from the hustle, bustle and delicious food that Paddington, Rosalie, Toowong, The Barracks and Park Road all have to offer!
16 Markwell St is an outstanding residence that sits on a sprawling 820M2 allotment, commanding unrestricted views of the Brisbane skyline and is the epitome of elegance, comfort and lifestyle. Don't delay, come and see for yourself today!