On the market for the first time in 35 years, this quintessential Queenslander sits atop one of Auchenflower's most desirable streets with sweeping views that extends from the city to the inner-western suburbs. At 20 Rathdonnell Street, you will find a truly iconic family residence, with generous spaces for all the family members and is ideal for large functions or private family living. It is such a rare combination, to be able to enjoy a central location in a peaceful setting. Opportunity also exists for dual living with upstairs and downstairs and absolute privacy possible, with separate entries.
Commanding a significant landholding of 1,022m2 on an elevated block and less than 3km to Brisbane CBD, this exceptional residence has a near perfect North Easterly outlook, wide frontage of approx. 20.4m and generous sized entertaining areas at the front and rear of the property. This home retains the character charm of its time with hardwood timber floors, VJ walls, french doors, casement windows and 3.3m high ceilings.
A home of this calibre with such an amazing offering is so often admired, however, for the local families hooked on the Auchenflower lifestyle looking to upgrade or for families seeking the inner city lifestyle, there is no better opportunity to find the perfect family base. This highly sought after lifestyle and location will impress even the most discerning buyers.
- Total land area of approximately 1,022 m2 (double block) and North Easterly Aspect;
- Large formal living and dining areas with high ceilings (3.3m), craftsman tapered timber columns, breezeway panels and french doors opening onto front and side verandah deck;
- Classic timber style kitchen appointed with steel appliances, granite benchtops and air conditioning unit that leads through to the secluded dining area at the rear of the property;
- Master bedroom with built in robes, ceiling fan, polished timber floors, bay arch windows with amazing city views, opening onto a dressing room and ensuite bathroom;
- Second bedroom is generously sized with built in robes, ceiling fan and high ceiling;
- Third bedroom is generously sized with ceiling fan and high ceiling;
- Second bathroom with character filled vanity, bathtub and toilet and two way access doors;
- Timber floor verandah (2.3m wide) with built-in shades throughout the front of the property with amazing city views;
- Study area, perfect for those working from home;
- Sunroom, great relaxation area for the family;
- Separate laundry room with ample of cupboards and storage cabinets;
- Additional outdoor laundry area and separate toilet;
- Fully landscaped large backyard with sweeping city views, big enough for the kids to play on those beautiful Queensland weekends.
- Large open plan living and dining areas with dual access;
- Fourth bedroom is generously sized with built-in robe, ceiling fan and timber book shelves;
- Modern granite finished bathroom with shower and toilet;
- Outdoor covered verandah for the gym enthusiast and additional storage areas;
- Security system and secure parking for three cars.
You enter this property into the hallway that runs through the centre of this property and leads you into the dining and living areas. Flanking this classically designed hallway are three of the bedrooms. As you make your way to the back of the home, you will find yourself through a multi-purpose entertainment/sunroom and a classic open plan kitchen appointed with steel appliances and granite benchtops that leads through to the secluded dining area at the rear of the property. The kitchen also has direct access to an outdoor area perfect for entertaining or as outdoor dining.
Downstairs there is also a huge living area, formal dining area, spacious bedroom with its own independent side entries, perfect for either a second residence or teenagers retreat. Further down the living area is a formal dining area and modern granite and timber designed bathroom. With the extra outdoor verandah area for the gym enthusiast, there's plenty of room for the family to exercise or it can be used as an additional storage area.
This property is conveniently situated within the major transportation hub in Auchenflower, easy access to city buses, trains and the Citycat ferry, with some of Brisbane's finest schools and family parks close by. 20 Rathdonnell St is connected to Milton Road, which conveniently feeds into the Inner City Bypass Highway and Airport Link Tunnel that will take you to the airport within 15mins.
Alan makes buying real estate simple and stress free, so call Alan today to arrange an inspection to view this amazing home.