Originally part of a huge family landholding in the area, the home has been preserved to perfection by its current custodians for more than 28 years - their gift to the grandest of homes and a treasured page in Myrtle Bank's history books.
What was built in 1925 on the edge of a fruit orchard is now set far back from the passing world on Cross Road; just moments from Burnside Village and the revered halls of Seymour College and Glenunga International High School.
Enter the botanic grounds of some 1382sqm to greet an inviting 4-bedroom Tudor residence, with a pool and studio to complete the story.
We consider owners as custodians, because they see the value in keeping and taking such good care, of every square inch of a family home that will welcome another 90 years with strong, open arms.
And so this pass to the elite east retains its mix of original Jarrah, pine and oak floors, 11-foot-high walls that end in some of the most intricately decorated ceilings we've found, and well sized rooms of royal proportions.
And by royal proportions, we mean the 23sqm bay window dining room and the adjoining 25sqm formal lounge with fireplace and French-door access to the pool and picture perfect gardens. Majestic, indeed.
More casual affairs and stunning entertainment opportunities are reserved for the open-plan arena of the light-filled rear; where herringbone-laid oak leads to an Alby Turner and Son kitchen boasting stone benchtops and splashbacks, Miele appliances, Asko dishwasher with contemporary style and functionality.
If the kitchen is a fine example of the many 'mod cons' added over the journey, then the separate studio - with kitchen, storage, bedroom and temperature control is no exception, and a luxury your home business, weekend guests or independence-craving teens will savour.
And the story doesn't end there:
- Zoned for Glenunga International High School
- Four big bedrooms to main home - one with ensuite
- Set behind hedging and approx. 100 feet from Cross Road to offer complete privacy and refuge
- Light-grabbing picture windows and bi-fold doors to family room at rear
- Caesarstone benchtops and 900mm gas cooktop to kitchen
- Ducted reverse cycle heating and cooling throughout
- Half-circular gravel driveway leading to double carport
- Shade sail and timber-decked patio to rear - perfect for summer entertaining by the pool
- Loads of storage - including built-in robes to two bedrooms, and loft storage to carport
- Beautifully presented, landscaped gardens with automatic watering
- New carpets
- Onsite parking for up to 10 cars
CT / 5392/169
Council / City of Unley
Zoning / RB300
Built / 1925
Land / 1382m2
Frontage / 26.37m
Council Rates / $2963.95pa
SA Water / $356.32pq
ES Levy / $284pa
All information provided has been obtained from sources we believe to be accurate, however, we cannot guarantee the information is accurate and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions (including but not limited to a property's land size, floor plans and size, building age and condition) Interested parties should make their own enquiries and obtain their own legal advice. Should this property be scheduled for auction, the Vendor's Statement may be inspected at any Harris Real Estate office for 3 consecutive business days immediately preceding the auction and at the auction for 30 minutes before it starts.