Enjoying a raised position on one of Rozelle's most sought-after streets, this contemporary abode, origin built in 1900, perfectly blends period features with ultra-modern design elements. Truly one-of-a-kind with bespoke locally handmade finishes, state-of-the-art appliances, smart home capabilities and European-sourced materials, the new owners of this home will experience an ease in lifestyle that's both impossibly cosy and brilliantly opulent.
Newly renovated and designed with entertaining in mind, the home's main living, dining and kitchen area is sprawled across an open floor-plan flowing seamlessly onto a light-filled vibrant exterior courtyard framed by original sandstone. A large sliding glass door is all that separates the indoors from the outdoors, illuminating the main living space with bright natural light, even when closed against the elements.
A floating timber staircase carries you through to the first-floor bedrooms. Here, oak timber flooring is replaced by Cavalier Bremworth natural wool carpet for a cushioned feel underfoot. The master bedroom, spacious and bright, boasts both large mirrored built-ins and a Travertine-tiled ensuite with walk-in rain shower. A second bedroom on the first floor comes complete with its own ensuite also.
The third bedroom is located on the ground floor and stands out beautifully with turn of the Century features, that include very high ceilings and a decorative fireplace. A private, covered balcony with herringbone Travertine tiling flows on from this space through French doors and provides a leafy outlook onto the coveted street.
The main bathroom on the ground floor is the epitome of opulence with large floor-to-ceiling Travertine tiling, rain shower, freestanding bathtub, and statement vanity with bespoke lighting. A lower level sub-floor is home to a charming media room/home cinema with Comfort Heat underfloor heating, built-in bookcases, and track lighting. There's potential to convert this space into a study, rumpus room, or even a fourth bedroom.
The kitchen has been exquisitely renovated with designer finishes and high-end appliances. Synonymous with the trends of today yet undoubtedly timeless, just some of the features of this space include:
• Carrara marble kitchen island with pull-up breakfast bar, Black Oliveri granite sink
• Timber joinery with bespoke aged brass handles, Bosch integrated dishwasher
• Wolf appliances: 5-burner cook-top, integrated oven and microwave
• Sub-zero appliances: Integrated fridge, two-door freezer, temperature-controlled 59-bottle wine fridge, Metal mesh curtain.
Form meets function in the rear outdoor courtyard. Framed by sandstone pavers and a mature garden that requires little maintenance, the Travertine porcelain tiles atop pedestals allow for easy drainage in a space that lends itself to year-round entertaining.
With recycled materials, clever design and sustainability measures in place, this abode is as easy on the eyes as it is on the environment. From the use of original, brick, sandstone and bamboo screening, to the recycled sleepers on entry stairs and deck, considered measures were taken throughout the renovation process to ensure this abode's status as a timeless work of art, both aesthetically and structurally.
Tour this world-class abode for yourself and be delighted and surprised as the clever use of space, period charm, and modern-day amenities.
- Upstairs has master bedroom with built-ins and ensuite, Second bedroom with ensuite
- Large third bedroom on ground floor with covered balcony, Open-plan living, dining and modern kitchen with Carrera marble island and pull-up breakfast bar
- Bosch integrated dishwasher, Qasair rangehood, Wolf 5-burner cooktop, integrated oven and microwave, Sub-zero Integrated fridge, two-door freezer, temperature-controlled 59-bottle wine fridge. Understair study/reading nook area,
- Traverine bathroom with freestanding bathtub and rain shower, High ceilings, ample natural light, Modern LED architectural lighting throughout, smart lighting via controllable panel
- Oak Timber Floors, natural wool Cavalier Bremworth carpet upstairs
- Comfort Heat in-floor heating in media room, Water-efficient tapware, under-stair storage
- Home cinema/rumpus room/fourth bedroom on lower level, Gas fireplace and hot water system
- Fujitsu fully ducted air-conditioning
- Sunny external courtyard with original sandstone features
- Paved entertaining area with drainage
- Fragrant low-maintenance gardens, automatic irrigation system
- Illuminated bluestones pebble path
- 1.5 carport with rear lane access
- Specialty lighting hand made by Melbourne Daniel Giffin
- Vistosi pendants
- Aged Brass wall lights to walkway
- Mondoluce Italian-sourced lighting
- Astrawalker fittings
- Home Automation System
- Security and intercom gate access
- Remote-controlled lock-up garage