UNIQUE LOCATION, NEVER TO BE FOUND IN THE HEART OF CENTRAL HERVEY BAY.
ADJACENT SIDE AND REAR TO ONE OF THE LAST HERITAGE LISTED DAIRY FARMS IN THE AREA.
Colonsay Farm (former Doolong Farm) is a Heritage Listed Farm at 125 Doolong Road, Kawungan, Fraser Coast (History Write Up Below)
Tens of Thousands of Extra Dollars Spent on Top of The Builders Basic Original Selling Price for the Home.
This Quality and Spacious 253 Sqm Family Home on a Land Size of 603 Sqm Was Completed in January 2016.
The Property is Completely Unique, Individually Designed by the Current Sellers to Ensure Spacious Sized Rooms.
There Are Numerous Extra Windows and Doors to Capture The Sensational Ever Changing Wildlife and Rural Views.
Superb 5.4 Metre Size Living / Media Room, 7.7 Metre Family, Dining Area and The Extended Kitchen with a Breakfast Bar.
Two Main Large 4.8 and 4.3 Metre Bedrooms Have Been Designed for Couples Who Sleep Separately.
Share The Large 3.5 Metre Long, Wheelchair Friendly Two Way Ensuite Shower Room, Double Vanity Units and Rural Views.
* Please Note The Spa is Not Included in the Sale *
Additional Building Costs:
* 5.4 Metre Media / Living Room, Bay Window, Sliding Door, Superb Views, Wired for Surround Sound
* Hidden TV Cabling for Wall Mounted TV’s
* 10.3 x 5 Metre Covered Alfresco Entertainment Area, Outdoor Power and Speaker Connection
* Alfresco Revolving TV Stand, Power, Aerial and Cat 6 Connection
* Good Size 7.7 Metre Family and Dining Room
* Upgraded Westinghouse Double Electric Oven
* Upgraded Technika Large 680 mm Wide Gas Cooktop
* Plumbing for a Dishwasher (Remove Draws)
* Extended Kitchen Benchtop (Breakfast Bar) and Additional Cupboards
* Extra Floor Tiling Under The Kitchen Units
* Extra Wet Seal and Wall Tiles in the Shower Rooms
* Upgraded Carpets in All Bedrooms and The Living Room
* Over $2,000 Extra, Spent on Electrical Power Sockets, TV Antenna Cable Connections and
* Cat 6 LAN Ethernet Cable and Port Wall Plates
* Connected to the National Broadband Network
* Mitsubishi 7.1 kW Heavy Industries Reverse Cycle Inverter Driven Split Air Conditioning System
* 7 Ceiling Fans, Upgraded in Living and Family Rooms
* Upgraded Horizontal Blinds, Living and Family Rooms
* Upgraded Double Hanging Solid Robes in 3 Bedrooms
* Upgraded Tapware Throughout
* Upgraded Shower Attachments
* Upgraded Vanity Basins
* Upgraded Ceramic WC with a Soft Close Seat
* Additional Windows in Bed 4 / Office and The Ensuite Shower Room
* Additional Sliding Door in the Media / Living Room
* Reconfigured Internal Garage Door Access
* Extra Wide 1050 mm Front Door
* Powder Coated Metal Sliding Door Handles
* Fine Mesh Door Screens
* Colour Coordinated Grouting
* Treated Timber Frame
* Bevelled Edge Mirrors
* LED Downlights
* 3 Hardwired Smoke Detectors
* Additional Support Noggins for:
* Wall Mounted TV Brackets, Tumble Drier, Picture Frames
* Gas Hot Water
* Roof Insulation
* Wash and Wear Quality Interior Paint
* Annual Pest Inspection & Spray
* Exposed Aggregate Concrete Driveway and Additional Wider Front Path
* 5.2 Metre Wide Side Access, 3.35 Metre Gates
* Butted and Dog Proof Fencing
* Front & Rear Outdoor Water Taps
Age: Completed January, 2016
House Size Under Roof: 253 Sqm
Land Size: 603 Sqm
In the hinterland of Hervey Bay lies a private farm that is symbolic of this former sugar and dairying district.
Originally known as ‘Doolong Farm’, the property was selected by Danish immigrant Anders Jensen in 1879.
He grew sugar and grazed cattle and horses.
The farm was acquired by the Macpherson family who built the house in 1909.
They grew sugar on the southern part of the 80 ha property and dairy cattle grazed the remainder.
Sugar was the first commercial crop in the district, and dairying came to the fore in the early 20th century.
This property retains its slab barn, hand milking bails, and two piggeries, most likely built by the McPhersons.
Piggeries were always a subsidiary business to dairying, as the pigs consumed the buttermilk remaining after the milk was separated.
The cream was then sent to the Maryborough Butter Factory.
Subsequent owners of the farm built a walk-through electrified dairy in the 1940s.
The property was sold again in the late 1960s to the McFie family who continued dairying.
They renamed the property ‘Colonsay Farm’, honouring the McFie family’s ancestral home in Scotland.
This is a private property and not publically accessible.
This is an Amazing Opportunity to Purchase this Home which is Situated at the End of a Dead End Street.
The Fraser Coast Anglican College is a Short Walk Away.
The Kawungan State School in Grevillea Street.
Main Street and Boat Harbour Drive with Numerous Shops & Businesses is a Short Drive Away.
The Beach is at the Northern End of Denmans Camp Road
The Closest Local Corner Shop is at the Junction in Oleander Avenue
RSL, Pialba Shopping Centre
Stockland Shopping Centre
Marina & Foreshore
Urangan Point School
Sandy Strait State School
Urangan High School
Star of the Sea School
Tennis Courts are in Colyton Street
Sports Field is off Tavistock & Bideford Street including:
McFie Park, Hockey, Rugby League, AFL
Woodcraft Club HB City Musicians Inc
Aquatic Centre is in Boundary Road
Property Code: 806