Whilst most people associate moving out of home as the pinnacle of freedom, many people jump straight in to shared living arrangements (generally to save money) and to grow their network. However, a lot of people tend to miss the advantages of living by yourself, so we thought we’d remind you, with 7 sensational reasons, living by yourself is advantageous.
1. Whilst it’s messy, you know it’s your mess.
There is nothing worse than walking on your tippy toes because you don’t know what’s been on the floor before you. At least if you spilt the cordial you know why the floor is sticky!
2. There are no last minute disasters.
You won’t have a room mate run off with the last bit of toilet paper.
3. You can dance whenever you like……. without being told you’re a dork.
You can shake it when and where ever you like with no one to tell you off.
4. When you need space, you can have space.
5. No-one will steal your food.
You won’t have this concern if you aren’t home.
6. You won’t have to live with anyone like this.
We all know a guy like this.
7. You don’t need to run out of the shower like this.
So take these in to consideration when looking to move out of home or in to a new place. Whilst there are advantages in having room mates (especially because it keeps costs down!) look at the freedom you will miss out on when inviting someone in to your home.