Ep 03 – Damien Cooley: Surviving COVID-19 with Homely
In this episode, we speak with auctioneer superstar and Managing Director of Cooley Auctions, Damien Cooley. In addition to sitting on the REINSW Board, Damien won the 2013 and 2015 Auctioneer of the Year at the REB Awards and the REINSW Award for Excellence in 2013. You may recognise Damien from his appearances on The Block, as the most booked auctioneer on the TV series making his twelfth appearance in 2019. He has also worked his auctioneering magic on other reality shows such as The Renovators, Under the Hammer, Hot Auctions and Selling Houses Australia. Damien conducts thousands of auctions every year, consistently achieving results well above the industry average.
Today Damien discusses:
- This weekend’s auction results and clearance rates.
- Advantages of taking auctions online with AuctionNow.
- Market predictions for the coming months.
- How to open lines of communication with hesitant vendors.
- Staying mentally and physically active, and making the most of your time in lockdown.