“SENSATIONAL RIVER RESERVE LOCATION - (C1880) "ROSE COTTAGE" SOLD BY HEIDI McATEE 0406 321 770”
15 Helena Street Guildford enjoys the Helena River Reserve from its back gate and quite rightly, this street is one of the most sought after locations in Guildford!
This classic character residence (C1880) was built from local clay bricks and showcases timeless elegance with its two-tone Flemish bond brickwork on the front facade and its characteristic L-shape verandah with arched fretwork over jarrah boards.
All the period trimmings of a bygone era feature here including high decorative ceilings, a corbelled archway, FOUR impressive fireplaces, lead light, jarrah floors, an old WELL - and much more!
• Enchanting leadlight Entry and Central Hallway with corbelled arch.
• Period finishes include jarrah floors, FOUR (4) wood fireplaces with decorative mantles, high ceilings, ceiling roses, high profile skirting and lead light
• Country Kitchen features an impressive double-width chimney breast for two big ovens and exquisite Terrazzo flooring
• The lounge room includes a magnificent traditional wood fireplace with cast iron insert and decorative mantle.
• Large formal Dining with French doors to the rear
• The Main Bedroom has twin sash windows and its own ornate fireplace with cast iron insert and decorative mantle
• Bedroom 2 opposite also features symmetrical twin sash windows, another lovely fireplace, decorative ceilings, profile skirting and polished jarrah boards.
• Bedroom 3 includes built-in-robes on either side of yet another decorative fireplace, profile skirting and polished boards.
• Traditional bathroom includes a claw bath with overhead shower, pedestal basin, casement windows & WC
• Laundry area includes separate linen storage
• Daikin Ducted climate controlled R/C Air Conditioning
• Security System
• Gas instantaneous hot water system
• Gas bayonet
• Large (Undercover) Separate Outdoor Entertaining Alfresco with 6-bar natural gas heating and 3 pull down blinds to cater for the changing of the Seasons.
• A Double Carport to the rear of the house with easy access and egress and plenty of additional driveway parking space for a 3rd or 4th vehicle if required.
• Established cottage gardens and winding paths, with lawn, roses and mature shady trees.
• Magnificent garden views and rear gate access to the Helena River Reserve.
• Well (yes a Well)
• Three phase power
• Small shed/workshop
• Double carport at rear
Block size: 981 sqm
Year Built: Circa 1880
Owner re-wired: 2008
Land Rates $2300 per annum (19/20)
Water Rates: $1099 (18/19)
Parking: Double carport at rear, plus plenty of driveway parking space for additional vehicles
Zoning: R5 (this property is unable to be subdivided)
From this coveted location you can enjoy leisurely strolls to Swan and Helena Rivers, the Guildford, Woodbridge and Rose & Crown Hotels, Antique & Cafe Strip, wine bars, East Guildford Train Station, Guildford Library, Magnificent Stirling Square, Kings Meadow Polo Ground, prestigious Guildford Grammar Private School (co-educational for Girls & Boys) and Guildford Primary School. Just minutes drive to the Gateway of the Swan Valley Winery Region, cheese & chocolate factories, micro-breweries, galleries and much, much more!
Another beautiful home sold by Heidi McAtee. For any additional information or a complimentary appraisal on your own property please call me at anytime on 0406 321 770.