Tucked away on a quiet cul de sac and only minutes to Samford Village, this gracious, renovated highset 1920s Queenslander has space for the whole family and even a home business or two!
Relocated from Alderley in 1994, upstairs the home celebrates beautiful character features including high (10.5ft) panelled ceilings, VJ walls, chandeliers, fretwork, stained glass and pressed metal, enhanced by ducted air conditioning throughout.
The spacious entertainer’s kitchen is bathed in sunlight from striking bay windows and French doors, opening onto the paved courtyard and tiered kitchen garden. With both casual lounge and dining areas, this is a beautiful family space. The granite island bench is complemented by new electric Miele appliances, leading to the large entertainment deck perfectly positioned to catch the breeze.
The lounge and adjoining games room feature a remote-controlled gas fireplace surrounded by bespoke wallpaper that beautifully offsets the stunning traditional features of the room.
Relax in the king-size master suite with built-in robes and ensuite with granite bench and walk in shower. Two additional upstairs bedrooms plus a study or extra bedroom are serviced by the powder room and generous bathroom with a soaker tub and separate walk in shower, making bath time a breeze.
Renovated in a warm, clean, modern style, downstairs offers a teenager’s retreat with large bedroom, lounge and generous combined bathroom/laundry, which features double rainfall heads in the walk-in shower, and custom cabinetry throughout. The lock up garage has a remote-controlled roller door and plenty of space for a workshop.
Away from the house, half of the secure four-bay shed has been built in with the potential for dual living or perfect for a home business. A separate shipping container with sink and power (utilities to be connected) is the perfect office/art/meditation studio, with bifold doors opening onto the spectacular mountain view.
The outdoor entertaining area features a handcrafted woodfired pizza oven with quality inclusions for the perfect get together, including dimmable lights and wired outdoor Apple speaker system.
With 4.9 acres you’ll have plenty of room for a pony, with space leftover for kids and pets to play. The property is a blend of cleared usable land (3 paddocks) and natural bush backing onto riding trails.
With the charm of a genuine village community, Samford offers buyers a relaxed country lifestyle just 24km from Brisbane CBD. Connect your family with country values in a place where warm smiles and friendly waves are the norm, yet you’re still only 10mins to the train and 40mins to the airport.
While city amenities are only a short drive away, with Samford’s wealth of quality local schools, shops, cafes, parks, markets, community events, horse riding clubs, walking tracks among abundant wildlife and a friendly country pub… you might find there’s no need to leave!
• Blending old with new: Gracious Queenslander renovated to celebrate character features including high (10.5ft) panelled ceilings, VJ walls, stained glass and pressed metal upstairs with modern styling downstairs
• Space for the whole family - five bedrooms in the home including teenagers retreat plus additional two converted studio spaces
• Light filled kitchen featuring granite island bench, electric Miele appliances
• Entertainer’s paradise with indoor and outdoor entertaining areas off the gorgeous kitchen
• Converted shipping container perfect for office/art/meditation space with spectacular views
• Ducted air conditioning and ample storage throughout
• Single car garage with remote roller door + internal & external access
• Cat 6 cable throughout
• Colourbond roof restoration completed in December 2018
• 70,000 litres of water tanks with 2 separate pumps & supply control
• 4kw solar system feeding back into the grid
• Flat cleared low maintenance grounds surrounding the home, perfect for kids and pets
• Terraced food garden positioned conveniently to the kitchen
• Property is partially fenced for livestock
• Secure chicken coop, abundant olive and mango trees and a cute cubby for the kids
• 3 phase power
• Enviro-cycle grey water system for house + separate septic system servicing shed