“Character, Convenience & Charm”
With lifestyle-convenience on the doorstep and sweetly tucked away into the natural fall of the land capturing a birds-eye view of the ridge line to the north over Upper Ferntree Gully and beyond to the National Park, this original 1920’s cottage was once home to the local police chief to easily keep an eye on the township. Over the years she has been loved and extended with all the modern conveniences of today, yet her façade and touches of character detailing remains, along with some soul.
Encased in an expansive deck to relax on and appreciate the views, the entrance opens to a classic central hallway with high ceilings and stunning Baltic boards leading to adjacent bedrooms. The master with open fireplace and divine ceiling rose and pressed tin ceiling depicts the era and a wall of glass entices the morning sun to stream in to appreciate the sunrise. Four bedrooms, one currently utilised as a fabulous work from home room with bookcases lining a wall, floor to ceiling, sits off the modern extension abundant with light and functional spaces. The kitchen in whites and greys is offset by the timber floor and an industrial touch with original exposed brickwork housing the stove plus ample storage, butlers sink, dishwasher and breakfast bench. The open plan translates well with meals zone and relaxed living area connecting to the tiered rear yard garden, while plenty of flat spaces surround the home connecting up with the front deck.
The main bathroom continues the contemporary décor with a second WC off the laundry, all flowing with a subtle color palette for you to introduce easily your love styles on the furnishings, as the current owner has with her vibrant reds and Asian interior design influences.
Externally a double carport is framed by a low maintenance garden and under house storage spaces. The property has been restumped and decking restored, and most importantly enjoyed by the current owner who is ready to downsize.
Within an easy walk to Upper Ferntree Gully Station, you can wander into the main street shops, cafes and restaurants whenever the mood takes you - Alfresco Sunday breakfasts or popping out for a walk to the local bakery or newsagent … this handy location affords you all the lifestyle-convenience.
Inclusions- Gas Ducted Heating, Split System, cat run, Modern Italian light fittings
Private inspections are back!
The details you need to know:
• Buyers can travel outside their 5km radius for a total of 2 hours to attend a pre-arranged Private Inspection but remember if you are from Metro Melbourne you can’t travel to properties located in regional Victoria
• Inspections are limited to 15 minutes
• A Buyer can be accompanied by one other person, either from their household or their partner or with their children (under 18 years) if there are no alternative care arrangements available.
• Attendees must wear a face mask for the entire inspection
• All physical distancing and hygiene requirements remain including the use of hand sanitizer on arrival at the inspection
• All people attending the inspection will have their details recorded for contact tracing purposes
Please contact us to arrange your private inspection as we continue to serve our community and provide a safe environment for all our clients.