“GREEN LIGHT FOR ECO-SMART LUXURY”
Sustainability and style go hand in hand in this state-of-the-art Geelong West home that cleverly combines the very best in green, clean living with the latest luxury design features.
“Brookville”, circa 1884, has been transformed from its heritage-listed origins into an award-winning, eco-smart entertainer.
In designing the 6.2-star energy-rated home, Geelong architect Pati Seiler has retained the Victorian façade but produced a contemporary property committed to a reduced carbon footprint and the lowest possible running costs.
Energy-efficient features include:
• Web-based MyAir zoned and ducted heating and cooling that can be operated remotely.
• Double-glazed windows.
• High-performance insulation in the walls, ceiling and under timber floors.
• A heat pump Sanden Eco hot water system that uses warm air from the atmosphere to heat water.
• A north-facing living area to maximise winter sun and polished concrete floors to store warmth.
• A 2000-litre water tank with gravity-fed tap for the garden.
• Velux skylights fitted with rain sensors that open to allow airflow.
• Pre-wiring for solar panels and battery storage.
No expense has been spared in designing, rebuilding and fitting out this home for modern living.
Step from the low-maintenance front yard into a functional entry area that’s perfect as a lounge or home office.
The nearby master suite is a getaway space by itself with a spacious bedroom and walk-in robe, plus classy ensuite, while two further generous bedrooms have built-in robes.
The front section is also home to a stunning central bathroom with huge bath, shower and floor-to-ceiling tiling to keep everything dry, plus family-size laundry with plenty of storage space.
The living space at the rear is the zone guaranteed to take your breath away.
From the designer kitchen with high-end Miele appliances, solid stone benches, marble splashbacks and butler’s pantry to the huge living and dining spaces, high ceilings, study nook and floor-to-ceiling glass doors that concertina open to an entertaining deck, it’s truly spectacular living.
An adjoining living area that’s perfect as a family TV or playroom has the option to be used as an additional bedroom or home theatre.
Double undercover car parking is accessed via a rear lane, providing easy backyard entry.
Other features include American oak floors at the front of the home, wooden shutters on south-facing windows and double roller blinds on the western side.
The property is perfectly positioned close to Pakington St, shops, cafes and schools, as well as Geelong railway station for commuters to Melbourne.