Home loan calculator?
“"Karoola" c. 1862”
An imposing Victorian residence set on nearly 1/2 an acre of landscaped English style gardens with vast rolling lawns, mature trees and bounded by established hedging.
Originally the Muswellbrook Hospital, the original "Karoola" construction was completed circa 1862 with further additions made by the then state architect c. 1 880 and again c. 1906. Following closure of the hospital in 1914 final extensions were completed to the residence in the late 1920s.
In more recent years the residence has been extensively sympathetically restored and features:
• Vestibule entrance leading to a grand hallway 44ft long & 11ft wide
• Period features of high ornate ceilings, authentic cedar doors + architraves & hand blown glass
• Formal reception rooms include sitting room + dining room each with open fireplaces
• Casual lounge/family living + sun room
• A further large family/games room can be found upstairs
• Large oak kitchen with granite bench tops, walk in pantry + breakfast area
• 6 bedrooms (or 5 + home office)
• Ensuite bathrooms to 2 bedrooms
• 2 bedrooms include adjoining studies/break out areas
• A further 2 full bathrooms - one downstairs + one upstairs
• Upstairs additions c. 1998 include the games room, 2 bedrooms & bathroom
• Wide return verandahs to 3 sides + paved courtyard and pergola with ornamental grape
• The expansive landscaped gardens include a free form lagoon style swimming pool
• Double garage + workshop/storeroom + off street parking from rear laneway
• The home is an important architectural & historical link with early Muswellbrook
• Occupying a commanding position overlooking the town, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity
Seamlessly combining formal and casual areas to provide a sophisticated blend of practical living and heritage charm. "Karoola" has the presence of an atmosphere rarely felt in large homes.