“Landmark Terrace with DA Approved Plans for Dual Occupancy”
Instantly recognisable as a landmark building on the corner of Metcalfe Street, this property is steeped in history originally the site of the New Ballarat Hotel, c.1875 and later in the 1930s, the H.C. Harris Chocolate Factory. More recently, the home's current owner ran a dance studio from here. A classic terrace style home, it has a versatile dual storey floorplan, plus a cellar, offering a mix of past and present characteristics – in particular the stunning pressed tin walls and ceilings will catch your eye. Already DA approved for a dual occupancy, this house and land parcel offers exciting scope to capitalise by modernising and adding value to the existing home and acting on plans to build the second dwelling. From here, there is instant access to arterial roads to the city and freeway, it's an easy stroll to Wallsend town centre and the University of Newcastle and John Hunter Hospital are both less than 10 minutes' drive away.
- Double storey terrace with cellar and entry via 45 Metcalfe Street (also known as 29a Thomas Street).
- Ultra-spacious living/dining area with pressed tin walls and ceiling and Australian cedar fireplace
- Contemporary Caesarstone island kitchen with gas stove and dishwasher
- Options to easily create a third bedroom upstairs with the erection of one wall
- Construction certificate already issued to build an ELK designed 4-bedroom, 2-bathroom second dwelling
- Stroll across Wallsend Oval to the local shopping centre
- 4km to University of Newcastle; 5.5km to John Hunter Hospital; 10km to CBD
* This information has been prepared to assist solely in the marketing of this property. While all care has been taken to ensure the information provided herein is correct, we do not take responsibility for any inaccuracies. Accordingly, all interested parties should make their own enquiries to verify the information.