“MODEST TWEAKS WILL REVEAL A TRUE GEM”
The potential to create a sensational, riverside sanctuary is well within reach at this incredibly solid, four-bedroom, two-bathroom home on one of Dalkeith's most iconic, tree-lined streets.
With enviable bone-structure, the home includes original, large framed windows, spacious living rooms with high ceilings, picture rails and accompanying ceiling detail, north-facing rear living and two vast front and back gardens, including a swimming pool.
Conveniently set on a corner block, the home enjoys a generous set-back and ample space for children to play and explore, not to mention several grand mature trees which have been eagerly climbed and decorated over the years!
Retaining the original, light filled formal living and dining rooms, the home extends onto another two living areas with garden views, a bar, high-ceilings with timber beams, and elevated country-style kitchen with four-burner gas stove top.
A laundry with external access to an original Hills Hoist and separate toilet are alongside a shared bathroom and one of the four bedrooms.
The remaining bedrooms are located at the front of the home and separated by a shared bathroom with deep bath and skylight.
Privately set from the street via a sturdy, gated wall, this generous property includes a tandem carport and off-street parking for additional vehicles.
The beautifully shaded front porch has been the centre of many get-togethers and along with its enviable location, this home has the markings of quintessential family living.
The Western Suburbs private school network, UWA, hospitals, bus links, the river and sea are all minutes away. Not to mention a short stroll down the road takes you to Dalkeith Village where cafes, an IGA supermarket, pharmacy, bottle shop, boutiques and more, are located.
Waratah Avenue is known for its excellent family-style restaurants along with a respected art gallery and garden-design boutique, plus enchanting walks through the suburb will become a daily indulgence.
This home is ready for a growing family, or couples who will either embrace a rewarding makeover challenge, or simply move right in, as is!
- Beautifully retained Californian bungalow residence on large, corner block
- Four spacious living/dining areas
- North facing family rooms with garden and pool views
- Garden shed
- Tandem carport and additional off street parking
- Stunning grand, mature trees provide shade and garden aesthetics
- High ceilings and original picture rails and ceiling borders
- Large master suite with built-in-robes
- Safe and friendly, tree-lined neighbourhood in a blue-chip location
- Walking distance to the river, cafes, restaurants and an excellent shopping village
- Minutes to the Western Suburbs private school network, primary schools, UWA, hospitals and bus routes - plus easy city access.