Home loan calculator?
“Spectacular transformation - ocean views, pool plus granny flat”
This is what happens when the fine deco details of a 1931 home meet the sharp ideas of an interior designer owner: total transformation complete with an ocean panorama to Rottnest, cool modern elegance in the expansive interiors, brilliant outdoor living by the pool, and a chic two-bedroom granny flat in the garden. The home retains its historic street presence, and inside it just keeps on unfolding, with several living areas and spaces to accommodate everyone. The spectacular revelation is the way the open-plan living and terrace open up to the view: endless ocean, sky, sunsets, and harbour lights.
Two sets of triple leadlight windows sparkle at the front, with new decorative veranda tiling hinting at what is to come inside. Jarrah floors are stained black, walls are fresh white and the fine lighting design starts with an edgy black light-fitting in the hallway. Extensive new cabinetry everywhere has been created to reflect the profiles of the 30s doors, and the fabulous ceiling details of the era fit right in to the new decorative scheme. Off the hallway is a living room or ideal study, and opposite is the master suite. It is all glamour: a dressing room with finest cabinetry and even a window seat to enjoy the northern sun. The spacious ensuite is equally stunning.
Beyond are two more bedrooms, and concrete-toned tiles start to make the shift to the new: a study zone, powder room, and up to the open-plan and the view. The kitchen is expansive and finely equipped, with a pale stone island and masses of clever storage. You are living in the ocean panorama as the space flows to the deck, with a dramatic angled roof that feels like a sail. What a place to entertain. Downstairs is great for teenagers: a living room opening to a deck, a large cellar, a bedroom with its own garden access, and another gorgeous bathroom.
Lovely gardens offer a resort feeling among the greenery, lit up at night. Travertine paving and timber decking create various spaces leading down to the pool and outdoor lounge. It's a lovely setting for the stylish two-bedroom self-contained granny flat, which is a fantastic bonus and adds even more flexibility to this beautiful property. The large 994sqm block is precious land in this exclusive position: a lovely quiet street with the river a stroll away.
6 bedrooms 3.5 bathrooms 1 pool 1 study 6 cars
• Contemporary elegance: inspired reinvention of 1931 home
• Panoramic views of ocean, Rottnest & port, fabulous entertaining
• Open-plan living flows to elevated deck, automatic blinds
• Great separation of spaces – 3 living areas in main home
• Chic two-bedroom self-contained granny flat in the garden
• Stunning master suite with glamorous dressing room
• Extensive bespoke cabinetry, black-stained timber floors
• Gourmet kitchen, gorgeous bathrooms, cellar
• Lovely rear gardens, pool, outdoor lounge area
• 6kw solar panels
• Single garage (ideal for workshop, small boat or classic car)
• Double carport plus extensive parking on separate driveway
• Walk to the river and Richmond Primary
Council rates: $4,953.77 per annum (approx)
Water rates: $2,532.67 per annum (approx)