“Under Contract by Elliott Dean”
Tranquil Top floor with a Twist
In a sea of similar apartments, this top-floor suburban penthouse stands out for all the right reasons. Positioned on the desirable Maryvale Street in Toowong, this impeccably designed property will challenge everything you thought you knew about apartment living.
The well-built brick complex was originally designed and built by prominent builders Griffin & Knowlman in 1985 and sits on an expansive 1653 square metre block. The building hosts ten residences however this is the only one that offers secure double-car garage, storage room and private landing at the apartments’ entry. The features on the exterior are just the beginning of the unique advantages on offer in this recently renovated residence.
From the elegant foyer to the floating bamboo floors, it is evident upon entering the home that this is not your typical Toowong apartment. The expansive living area flows through to the dining room and the galley-style kitchen that boasts extra-wide stone benchtops, mirrored splash-back and Miele Dishwasher and fridge. The stylish kitchen has generous storage space with over 30 drawers and cupboards, making the most of this functional space.
Conveniently tucked away behind a door off the main living area are two of the three bedrooms, the main bathroom and internal laundry. The master bedroom features tremendous built-in wardrobe with triple sliding doors and private ensuite with skylight. The main bathroom is complete with large walk-in shower room, mirrored vanity, separate toilet and internal laundry. The second and third bedroom also have built-in wardrobes and benefit from private window views filled with natural greenery.
The north-facing balcony offers two access points from both the kitchen and the living area through oversized, glass sliding doors. The serene, leafy outlook and privacy of the space offers a tranquil sanctuary that is large enough for alfresco dining suite, modest garden and BBQ area. Thermalite plantation shutters, travertine tiles and wool carpet are just a few of the lavish details that have been implemented into the sophisticated design of this home.
Most recently the home has been used as a ‘Brisbane base’ for the owner, meaning that the property has been seldom lived in since renovation. The enviable position of the property enables you to walk to Toowong Village, Toowong Station and schools including Toowong State School and Brisbane Boys College. Whether you are downsizing or upsizing, working in the city or winding down, the unique opportunity on offer is one not to be repeated.
• Top-floor, recently renovated apartment in a brick complex of 10
• 1653m2 Block with dual street access
• Electric double-car garage
• Additional storage room off garage
• Recently renovated to the highest standard
• Leafy and private outlook from every room
• Bamboo floors, wool carpet, travertine tiles & thermalite plantation shutters
• 3 Bedrooms with ceiling fans, built ins and master bedroom featuring ensuite
• Main bathroom with walk-in shower room, separate toilet and internal laundry
• Galley kitchen with Miele appliances, mirrored splash-back and excess storage
• Spacious north-facing balcony with two access points
• Gas hot water
• Body Corporate $600 per quarter
• 3 Minute walk & 350m to Toowong Village
• 7 Minute walk to Brisbane Boys’ College & Toowong State School
• Six Minute walk and & 600m to Toowong Station
• Less than 8 minute drive to Brisbane CBD