Which bayside suburb to pick in Brisbane?

I currently live in Melbourne, and am considering moving to Brisbane. I'd like to live bayside near a beach. I'm just not sure which suburbs to search. I like Hampton, Sandringham, Black Rock, Beaumaris even down to Aspendale in Melbourne's bayside. So equivalently, which suburbs should I be looking at in Brisbane? I've been looking at Cleveland, Wellington Point, Manly, Wynnum, Shorncliffe, Brighton, Redcliffe. Are these correct? Or which ones should I be looking particularly? Thank you.
The opinions expressed here are those of the individual and not those of Homely.com.au.Report
people following this discussion

2 Comments

Redcliffe Peninsula - It is a collection of bayside suburbs (Newport, Scarborough, Redcliffe, Clontarf). It has really transformed over the last decade. There are new developments, government investment (Bee Gees Way, The Moreton Bay Cycleway) and events (Moreton Bay Food and Wine Festival, Redcliffe Markets). It's different to Melbourne in the sense that the Melbourne South East has always been a desirable place where as Redcliffe has only gentrified in the last decade.

Brighton/Shorncliffe - Established area with historic housing and a pier similar to Saint Kilda.
Cleveland/Manly - Similar to Redcliffe - good private schools, same commute time to the CBD, smaller beaches though

Thanks for the insight. It probably pays for a visit after boarders are open someday, and get a feel of those suburbs.

I think I'll have a particular look at Sandgate and surrounds and Redcliffe island area.

Popular questions in the Brisbane Region, QLD

Why is Russell Island so cheap? And what snakes are on the island?

Is there much aircraft noise in Cannon Hill?

Why is the land so cheap in Macleay Island?

Im a bit confused about the difference in opinion of Russell Island?

Moving to Brisbane - Should I , Should I NOT?

Unanswered topics and threads about the Brisbane Region, QLD

Living in Yarrabilba

Which city and suburbs to live in? Wanting to move from Melbourne to Queensland.

We are moving to nrtlakes from melbourne, is there any high ranking primary school in north lakes?

Best state high schools north Brisbane

Best suburb for young families in hinterland region near Brisbane? (sunshine or Gold Coast)