This impressive and substantial character home sits proudly on a massive 966sqm in this highly sought after and tightly held private pocket of Newmarket.
The renovations to this home have been carried out with a meticulous attention to detail and to an outstanding level of craftsmanship, yet there is still plenty of potential and scope to customise and enhance this property to suit any families needs and requirements.
As one owner sadly bids farewell it presents an amazing opportunity to purchase this beautiful family home on an amazing parcel of land in this desirable location.
- Sleek and modern open plan kitchen with island bench, breakfast bar, gas cooktop, integrated stainless steel appliances including microwave oven and stainless steel plumbed fridge.
- Bedroom 1Main bedroom with built in robes and ceiling fan
- Bedroom 2Bedroom with access to 2 way bathroom
- Spacious open plan living and dining area with generous storage solutions and built in surround sound speakers and sound system, including large wall mounted television
- 2 way bathroom with shower, vanity unit and wc
- Separate laundry
- Fully fenced 966sqm
- Single car accommodation
- 6000ltr rainwater tank (plumbed into wc)
- Large garden shed
- Large kitchen with stainless steel appliances, gas cooktop, pantry and double fridge space
- Bedroom 3Master bedroom with high ceilings, 6" polished timber floors, ceiling fan and opening onto sunroom
- Bedroom 4Bedroom with high ceilings, 6"polished timber floors, ceiling fan and opening onto sunroom
- Bedroom 5Single bedroom opening onto additional room suitable for dressing room or study
- Open plan lounge and dining room with high ceilings, ceiling roses, 6" polished timber floors, ornate fretwork, picture rails and french doors opening onto front and rear decks
- Main bathroom with separate bathtub and shower recess and vanity with marble top
- Separate wc
- Separate laundry with access from the kitchen
- Large covered front and rear decks overlooking the yard
Approx 1.2km to Coles reading shopping and cinema precinct
Approx 1.1km to Newmarket train station
Approx 600m to bus stop
Approx 250m to the Enoggera Creek bikeway/pathway
Approx 3.3km to Royal Brisbane hospital
(25 min walk along the Enoggera Creek Bikeway/Pathway)
Approx 3km to QUT & Kelvin Grove urban village
Approx 6km to the Brisbane CBD
Approx 15 minutes to Brisbane Airport via the airport link tunnel
Approx 2.8km to Kelvin Grove State College (in the catchment area)
Approx 1.7km to the Newmarket pool
Approx 2.4km to Downey Park netball fields
Approx 100m to Brisbane City Football Club and Spencer Park
Approx 400m to the Red Brick bakery
- Newmarket is an inner north-western suburb of Brisbane approximately 5 km from the CBD
- Surround suburbs include Alderley to the north, Ashgrove to the west, Kelvin Grove to the south, and Wilston to the east.
- It is an older, mostly residential suburb containing pre-war and post-war homes, including many fine examples of the Queenslander style of home. Over the last few years, some medium-density townhouses and unit blocks have appeared as well.
Newmarket was originally known as "The Three Mile Scrub" due to its distance from the city, and Ashgrove Avenue, which links Enoggera Road with Waterworks Road to the west, was known as Three Mile Scrub Road. As settlement continued northward along Kelvin Grove Road in the late 19th Century, livestock saleyards opened in the area bordered by Enoggera Road, Newmarket Road, Wilston Road and Alderson Street, and were serviced by Newmarket train station.