“MODERN TROPICAL ENTERTAINER ON ACERAGE”
*** FACETIME / VIRTUAL TOURS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST - CALL ME TODAY TO ARRANGE A TIME THAT SUITS YOU ***
ARE YOU DREAMING OF OWNING ACERAGE? - Embrace the tropical Cairns lifestyle in this elevated pavilion-style home with a spectacular rainforest outlook on 1 acre of land. Created by Chris Vandyke Designs (now Balay Vandyke) to incorporate the modern tropical design techniques that won the design studio Queensland Home of the Year.
Access the property through the Elefantus-designed gate and cross the threshold over the fishpond to be greeted by the generous open plan home stretching out towards the stunning rear deck and elevated pool.
ENTERTAINING IS A BREEZE! The enormous living spaces and bi-fold doors allow cross breezes throughout, while red cedar timber louvres reduce the impact of the sun and the entertaining areas face north keeping the fully insulated home cool all year-round. Private tropical gardens have been set back from the house and large trees including an oil palm, Bowen mango and kauri pine offer shade to reduce the humidity.
Featuring striking forest red hardwood floors and Kwila decks, the home is warm and has plenty of charm. Three oversized bedrooms in a separate wing to the master bedroom and a second living area is perfect for teenagers or blended families. The kitchen is the heart of the home with an over sized island bench with stone tops and waterfall ends, doubling up as a meals preparation and serving area for those large family celebrations.
• 4 King size bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and powder room
• Luxurious king-sized master bedroom with walk-in robe, ensuite with raised spa bath and private parent's deck looking out into the garden
• Fourth bedroom large enough to incorporate a sitting room or Media room
• Separate office great for working from home with garden outlook
• Spacious kitchen designed for entertaining with large stone benchtops, glass splashback, modern appliances and walk-in pantry
* Australia's finest Forest Red Gum timber floors throughout the home, so much charm
• Stunning elevated lap pool 9m x 3.6m with timber surround and glass pool fencing
• Air-conditioned bedrooms and office
• Extra large 8m x 6.4m lock up garage with roller door to rear
• Home wired for generator
• Large timber entertainment deck overlooking pool
• Pizza oven and paved garden entertainment area
• For the golfer your very owner practice golf green
• Chicken house
• Fruit trees including banana, fig, mulberry, papaya, mangosteen, finger lime, lemon and mango along with an extensive herb garden
• Easy drive to the beach and Palm Cove restaurants and cafes
• 20-minute drive to an international airport and 25 minutes to the Cairns CBD