“Rare Waterfront Reserve Opportunity Restore Grandeur with Spectacular Main Harbour Views”
Proudly gracing the idyllic foreshore of Taylors Bay, this majestic c1915 manor retains its original lofty grandeur across each heart-warming level. Ready for restoration or reinvention, capitalise on the underlying Federation charm, uninterrupted Main Harbour views and the exclusivity of a Clifton Gardens waterfront reserve address.
Embraced by a magnificent Tallowwood veranda combining intimate Taylors Bay views and sweeping Eastern Suburbs vistas, striking arches frame the postcard worthy outlook to absolute perfection. Upholding exceptional scale throughout, towering heights continue from the veranda into the elegant entry and formal rooms all showcasing exquisite patterned ceiling details. Lofty proportions are also maintained in the five bedrooms upstairs, the entire footprint of the house replicated below in the sandstone foundations creating endless storage with future potential for a lower level accommodation.
A landmark home on the Taylors Bay Track, the house itself forms part of the iconic scenery captured along one of Mosman's prettiest harbourside walking trails. Tightly held by the one family since 1937, this is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity to secure your very own slice of Sydney Harbour and create a generational residence in a premium blue chip setting. A location to be envied, discover the unspoilt tranquillity of harbourside living moments from transport, leading schools, local beaches, celebrated eateries and within ear shot of Taronga Zoo.
- Interconnecting main living rooms, built-in bay window seat
- Separate formal dining or extra living area nearby the home office/6th bed
- Functional eat-in gas kitchen with direct access from the north facing garden
- Combined laundry/walk-in pantry with trapdoor access to potential cellaring
- 3 out of 5 bedrooms with mesmerising harbour views, upper level veranda
- Linen room or possible master ensuite, spacious family bathroom with bath tub
- Gaze across the sheltered calm of Taylor Bay to the spectacle of constant Sydney harbour activity with ferries, ships, seaplanes, and sailing yachts.
- Holding one of the highest roof elevations in that quiet corner of Clifton Gardens, rewired in 2012
- Currently with direct access to the Taylors Bay Walking Track to Clifton Gardens Reserve, Bradley's Head and harbour beaches
- Charming leadlight bay windows, timber floorboards underneath carpet
- Ducted gas heating, rich timber wall panelling and solid timber doors
- Storeroom/workshop underneath the lock-up garage, extra w/c
- Tiered gardens, north facing garden below street level to enjoy winter sun
- Night brings the vast vista of speckled lights of the eastern suburbs providing a sparkling changing landscape
*All information contained herein is gathered from sources we consider to be reliable, however we cannot guarantee or give any warranty to the information provided.