Good suburb for education and jobs?

Hi
We're looking to move to Melbourne from Auckland, NZ. My daughter is planning to go to university in Melbourne, we're currently looking at Deakin University or Monash. I also have a younger daughter who will be starting high school. Is Mt Waverly a good area to bring them up in? I of course will be working as a nurse - are there lots of job opportunities for experienced nurses?
Also looking to rent for a few months, then possibly buy after settling.
Thank you for all your help and advice.
The opinions expressed here are those of the individual and not those of Homely.com.au.
3 people following
this question

2 Answers

dominic nguyen Mar 03, 2020
Hi I currently work for LLC Real Estate Mount Waverley .
Mount Waverley is definitely a good area for school and its close to deakin Uni, and monash uni. Short drive to Glen Waverley, and Chadstone shopping centre. The Freeway and Public transport is quite good as well.
When are you looking at moving to Melbourne, We might have propeties that are coming up and you can rent for 6 months get to know the suburb first then after that buy into it.
Should you need need any more help please feel free to email me [email protected]
0 votes
AdamS 2yrs+
Mount Waverley is a great suburb to raise children! It is very much a family orientated suburb and you can get nice homes there with decent size land.
0 votes