Hi, I think the pros and cons are individual and some what dependant on attitude, if you are a quiet person then depending on the size of a complex it is going to get busier during the holiday seasons (but then again so is the whole community), some might see that as atmosphere and enjoy it and others might see it as noisy and intrusive. Holiday resorts normally have more to offer, swimming pools, games rooms, bbq areas some with gyms, extra security and for your dollar this might be a bonus or you might see it as unnecessary.
Really comes down to how you want to live :)
Heres a list of pros and cons that you might find helpful.
- Scenic views
- A wide variety of homes and condominiums to chose from
- More night life, shopping and entertainment options
- A select group of fellow residents
- Recreation and amenities.
- Typically higher prices
- Large Groups
- Seasonal ups and downs in employment