Best Suburb - wanting to move to Gympie but don't know the area well

Wanting to move to gympie but don't know the area well and don't want to rent near a govt housing area
The opinions expressed here are those of the individual and not those of Homely.com.au.
10 people following
this question

5 Answers

AhhYoda 2yrs+
Thanks for information , much appreciated : )
1 vote
MariaL6 2yrs+
Any comments on Curra? Any areas around Gympie I should avoid? flooding areas? Thanks!
1 vote
AhhYoda
AhhYoda We have friends at Curra and there place is beautiful, other people say stay away from the area but it seems to be heading up market a little bit more ??
AhhYoda
AhhYoda Mother Mountain is friendly,nice etc ...
MariaL6
MariaL6 I wonder why some people say though 'stay away from Curra' ? Highway? Floods? I haven't been around there but there are some lovely places on realestate.com. But too many places are for sale which makes you think why??
AhhYoda
AhhYoda My understanding was it was a little feral .... but in saying that I have friends that moved there and have met a few other people in the area . Areas chance as time goes by . Gympie was always known as Hell Town ... from listening and watching - the type of people heading into the region ,that has change for the better lots of people from Brisbane , Sydney etc etc..... moving in we have met 5 couples that moved here in the last few years as they like the region up here . Good to hear : )
MariaL6
MariaL6 I went for a drive towards Mothar Mountain but perhaps I didn't drive far enough. It seemed to me too isolated, hardly any homes at all. Should I have gone further on the Mothar Mountain road? Is there a town/community somewhere there? A turn off I missed?
AhhYoda
AhhYoda Heaps of homes in here ,just out of view I suppose . We have the Mothar Mountain Hall @ Shadbolt road they always have monthly get togethers etc .
O'Keeffe Road has heaps homes on it if you drive up it and out that way . The turn at The Bunnings on the Bruce that heads into Mothar Mountain or you can come up Old Noosa road from the south end . further apart homes but all friendly nice people .
MariaL6
MariaL6 Thats great to hear about Gympie. I want to move down that way on an acreage with some mountain views but not knowing the area at all I am scared and trying to do a lot of research, staying away from flooding areas, highway and feral areas.
AhhYoda
AhhYoda We are in a no flood zone and it is not Feral ...Where are you coming from ??
MariaL6
MariaL6 Thank you so so much! I will take note of these roads and come down for another drive soon!
MariaL6
MariaL6 Coming from Hervey bay. Which area are you in?
AhhYoda
AhhYoda We lived in HB for a while , we are at Mothar Mountain . Why move away from HB ...lovely area or use to be ??
MariaL6
MariaL6 Hervey Bay is nice but its very busy now! we just want a change and I love mountains
MariaL6
MariaL6 Was it a good move to Mothar mountain?
AhhYoda
AhhYoda I miss the water ... Mothar Mountain is handy to town ,but far enough away that it is quite & peaceful and everyone is friendly we wanted a little more land to grow our own food as we are organic .
MariaL6
MariaL6 I have lived in the water all my life, from a Greek Island to Hobart to Hervey Bay. Maybe I will miss it, I don't know, but for the last few years I am drawn to the mountains
AhhYoda
AhhYoda Interesting "why do you think that is " ?!?
MariaL6
MariaL6 I have no idea! I have loved the beach my whole life and I never thought I would want to move away! Maybe you change with age. I am 59yrs old
AhhYoda
AhhYoda You are around the same age age as us . I always wanted to move back to the water but the universe keeps us away for some reason ?
AhhYoda
AhhYoda If you want to chat more email me on [email protected] better than all public viewing ...lol
MariaL6
MariaL6 I hace saved your email but even better, do you have Facebook? Look me up, Maria Lazar/Pittas
AhhYoda
AhhYoda Sorry Maria could not find you on Facebook ??? Can you send me the link via email please : )
AhhYoda
AhhYoda May have found it ,sent a friend request just now .
MariaL6
MariaL6 Oops....lol....how do I do that? I will have a look later....
AhhYoda
AhhYoda Should be there now sent the request a few hours ago : )
mattb16
mattb16 We are about to start building our new home in stage 1 at St Andrews estate in Curra, Qld which is located right at the end of Purcell/Curra estate road. Lovely estate with a great outlook, all new homes on big blocks at great price's. We are building a big 300sq home on a 7100sq block fully fenced with concrete driveway already done for about $400,000. We are from Maroochydore but we didnt like the size of the blocks down here ( 600sq ) or the price's of around $250000 just for land.
May 25, 2017
tameikaw
tameikaw Hi Matt just wondering how you're finding St Andrews Estate 1 year on? I've just found these house and land packages that seem to good to be true!
May 15, 2018
emmak4
emmak4 We are also looking st moving to Curra from Brisbane. But having heard so many comments are a bit uneasy now. We want a bigger block and some space :)
AhhYoda
AhhYoda We have heard of lots of people that have moved up from Brisbane - We are one of them, the demographics are changing in the area, all the people that we have come across are wonderful . We have friends that moved into Curra from Brisbane and absolutely love it
emmak4
emmak4 Thank you. That is great to hear! We are looking forward to a new beginning!
AhhYoda
AhhYoda We also have friends moving to the region from Victoria in the next few months and other friends that have purchased out at Cooloola Cove from Noosa and Tamborine Mountain .
Jun 04, 2018
mattb16 May 15, 2018
Hi we have been in our new house in St Andrews estate for about 3 months now and we love it friendly neighbours nice big blocks with a great outlook over the range's. We can only hear the highway on really quite days when there is no wind. Once the bypass is finished there will be an interchange just a few km from the estate so easy access to new highway and sunny coast Brisbane etc
emmak4
emmak4 Hi Matt, glad to read your comment. We are looking to buy by the end of this year and from Brisbane. For some reason we keep coming back to Curra but in the last few weeks heard some nit great things. I believe everywhere these days have downfalls. We are looking to gave more space but still have a nice house :)
IanP2 2yrs+
That's way to broad a question. If it's just a residential area and not acreage try Southside, Jones Hill and Gympie central.
AhhYoda 2yrs+
Chatsworth , east side and futher out Mothar Mountain is a great place to live take your pick 😆
MariaL6
MariaL6 I am also looking at moving somewhere affordable around Gympie, on an acre or more. I looked at Chatsworth but waiting to see where the new highway is going to be. Any comments appreciated. Thanks
AhhYoda
AhhYoda Google Cooroy to Curra corridor map it show you exactly where the motorway is going .
MariaL6 Yes I have done so but it isn't confirmed as yet
AhhYoda
AhhYoda Oh I thought it was, as they have started work on the bypass already ?? Does not make sense if it is not confirmed ??
MariaL6
MariaL6 It will be confirmed in 2017. It is the last, fourth, section and they haven't even got a date starting on it yet. Two sections have been finished and they are working on the third now

Your answer