3 min readWith tennis fever hitting Melbourne yet again with the start of the Australian Open Tennis Championships this week, we thought we’d take a look at some of the best residential tennis courts currently on the market.
As new land allotments get smaller and smaller around the country, a private full-sized backyard tennis court is becoming the ultimate luxury and status symbol in Australian property.
Residential tennis courts give their owners the opportunity to keep active all year round, enjoy the great outdoors and have a friendly game or two with family and friends.
While many Australian homes have backyard pools, fewer have tennis courts so their relative scarcity makes them very luxurious, valuable and highly sought after no matter what property they’re attached to.
If you’re feeling inspired to pick up a racquet by the world’s best players fighting it out on Rod Laver Arena this month, then one of these amazing homes may be right for you.
1. Sophisticated residence and grass court, 407-409 Glenferrie Road, Malvern, VIC.
2. Championship tennis court with self-contained pavilion/guest accommodation, Bayview, NSW.
3. Floodlit oceanside mod-grass tennis court, 1 Tintagel Court, Mount Eliza, VIC.
4. Picturesque floodlit tennis court on 20 acre property, 75 Rowallan Avenue, Harkaway, VIC.
5. Synthetic grass court on one of Toorak’s finest Boulevards, Toorak, VIC.
6. Mod-grass court on $29.8 million riverside property, 2 Chidley Way, Mosman Park, WA.
7. North-south synthetic grass tennis court on stunning estate grounds, 11 Kenthurst Road, St Ives, NSW.
8. Idyllic mod-grass tennis court by the beach, 16 High Street, Sorrento, VIC.
9. Charming mod-grass court with bay views, 16 Daveys Bay Road, Mount Eliza, VIC.
10. Tree surrounded tennis court nestled on an acre of one of Berwick’s most desirable streets, 16 Casey Drive, Berwick, VIC.
11. Synthetic grass tennis court on magnificent Gordon estate c. 1905, 20 Highlands Avenue, Gordon, NSW.
12. Luxurious Tuscan style residence with full sized tennis court, 404a Mona Vale Road, St Ives, NSW.
To get your tennis fix find out where you can view this year’s Aus Open around Melbourne on our Q&A.
Happy house hunting!