- Clean & green
- Eating out
- Internet access
- Lack of traffic
Not great for
Who lives here?
- Families With Kids
Reviews of Lilyfield, NSW
"Picturesque Lilyfield - A gem to the locals"
Lilyfield is a small suburb located 6 kilometres west of the CBD. Lilyfield is nestled in between the suburbs of Annandale, Rozelle and Leichhardt and is bounded to the west by Iron Cove. Originally a working-class area, today Lilyfield like many inner-city suburbs is becoming increasingly gentrified. Property investors, eager to capitalise on the suburb's proximity to the Sydney CBD, have purchased many of the original workers' cottages to renovate or develop. Although predominantly middle class, the suburb still retains some of its working-class roots and like its neighbouring suburbs, is home to people from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
The City West Link Road is a major arterial road, which is part of M4 and crosses the ANZAC Bridge. It provides an alternative route to Parramatta Road for the Sydney CBD from Ashfield. Bicycle routes in Lilyfield include part of the regional east-west route from Parramatta to the Sydney CBD, along Lilyfield Road, the Bay Run path around Iron Cove, and the Whites Creek path, which provides a north-south route from Parramatta Road to The Crescent at White Bay
- Leichhardt Park, which includes the Leichhardt Park Aquatic Centre Leichhardt Oval. the home of the Wests Tigers/Balmain Tigers.
- Farmers Market at Orange Grove Primary School every Saturday.
- Join the Bay Run from Callan Park.
- NSW Writers Centre Callan Park.
- Weekly farmers market (Orange Grove School) and The Bay Run
- Great sense of community spirit
- Plenty of parking and transport options
Who lives here?
- Families with kids