Is this suburb getting safer?

The opinions expressed here are those of the individual and not those of Homely.com.au.
5 people following
this question

3 Answers

serenity78 2yrs+
We bought and fully renovated our first home in The bad wrap suburb Zillmere...but I tell you in the 7 years we lived there not one issue and we were surrounded by lots of real people who cared. I was sad to move actually but we had no choice. I think as the community pulls together even more and listens to those in need it will only get better! :)
1 vote
Kate T
Kate T wow really? I have lived in Zillmere for 2 years and always coming into trouble with hoons, housing commission people acting crazy (domestics, drunken behaviour, littering), thefts and the mentally ill roaming near the station and shops. This post is for September 2018... I can't see the date you have posted :) Glad you have had a better time than I have. This morning I was woken up yet again at 5am by someone deliberately blasting hiphop repeatedly and hooning, more hooning and the police sirens.
Sep 06, 2018
mellomel
mellomel Kate, I'm looking to get out of a suburb where I've been broken into 3 times in the last two months. I have been looking at buying in Zillmere, which area of Zillmere have you had this behaviour in? Could you provide street names? I'm looking around Larcombe St.
Oct 19, 2018
Kate T
Kate T Hi there, there is no magic street without trouble in Zillmere. It has a huge proportion of public housing, check out Ripehouse (www.ripehouse.com) and if you join up with them you can then search suburbs for public housing. Every street in Zillmere has some. Sorry to read about your troubles. I've had my letterbox broken into and items stolen repeatedly at the start of the year. There are weirdos and dodgy characters galore in Zillmere. Shame. Could be a great suburb.

My advice is don't buy there unless you want to wait 10 years for it to become decent.
Oct 24, 2018
Add a comment...
kevinh15 Dec 24, 2018
I have seen a great town house in Glasgow st , Zillmere: the bad news comments have me concerned. I’m appreciative of hearing opinions
Thanks
0 votes
kevinh15 Dec 24, 2018
Hello
I’m in my early sixties and seen a threat town house that I would like to buy to live in.
Seen sone great reviews of Zillmere and also sone equally terrible ones!
The suburb has so much that appears positive- is Glasgow st a good st ? I’m happy to hear from people?
From Kevin