"Whats good about Seaford?..."
What’s good about Seaford?
• Melbourne’s best beach- 5km’s of coastal dunes between hwy and beach
• Easy access to train, freeways
• Kananook Creek- which is being revitalized at moment (dredging etc)
• Walking tracks along both beach and creek- about 10km’s worth
• Great little RSL- won awards and more work in the plans
• A Lifesaving club that has won international awards for architecture with a café in it
• Good shopping strip with all the necessities like bakery, pizza shop, thai take away, etc
• Pub with great food, The Riv, though they need to open up the top deck with water views. New beer garden which is good though.
• Some excellent streetscaping being done by the council at moment to enhance the main strip
• Plenty of primary school options and secondary schools not far away
• Frankston with shops, cinema, etc not far away
• Great local sporting clubs- footy, cricket, soccer and basketball stadium
• Home of AFL club St Kilda- though they should have built it where the soccer grounds are on Railway Pde
• Short drive to the Peninsula, Westernport and all they have to offer
All this only 40km from the city….
There are a few areas to Seaford.
1. Nepean Highway (or unsealed streets just of it) with water views or backing onto Kananok Creek
2. Beach side of freeway
3. Other side of freeway
Still a very wide demographic from the millionaires with beach views to those that live in spots that are more affordable. There is still a bit of riff raff around but getting less and less all the time and soon enough the gentrification will almost be complete. All the people in our and our friends mothers group are all professional couples and not scum bags so the future of the place looks bright. And every one of them went to the mothers group thinking it would be full of ferals and 16 year olds and were pleasantly surprised.
- Access to transport options
Not great for
- A few ferals still around
Who lives here?
- Families with kids
- Beach Lovers